September 14, 2012

day 14: favorite

todays picture is one of my most favorite pictures

I first saw it when we were going through old pictures of my Grandma, trying to put together a slide show for her funeral.

I love it because it is old and I love seeing her kitchen from years ago.
I love it because it shows her at her finest - hosting and fussing over everyone.
I love it because it isn't posed or staged.

I love it because it seems to transport me into that moment.
I love it because in a weird way, looking at it makes me miss her less. But also more.

It is one of my favorite pictures of one of my favorite people ever.
on a random side note - the date puts this picture at August 1958, so my Dad would have just been born 6 months before this picture. 

1 comment:

Audacious said...

I love this photo. It looks like a child's-eye-view.