September 11, 2012

day 11: hero

todays picture is of someone who I would call one of my "heros"
my dear mom - joy esther klassen
my mom is one of my heros for a number of reasons
she has taught me to always have time for family, and she models this
she has taught me not to take life too seriously, but to take my faith very seriously
she has taught me to be flexible and to look for the fun in life
she has taught me to use my gifts and abilities, and how to encourage that in others as well

she has started her own business (sugar-n-spice daycare with poppa) and also showed wisdom in knowing when to leave that career (not an easy choice after 25+ years somewhere!)
she worked and served as a pastor, and was an example of a pastor who leads by example and values relationship and encouragement, as well as a firm understanding in the bible and a solid relationship with Jesus.

she makes time and space to listen for God on a daily basis and isn't afraid to share that with others
she is bold in her faith but gentle in her approach

she has taught me how to host a good get together and how to make a home feel cozy and inviting

she has shown me what it is like to really follow God's leading - selling their family home, leaving a job, using all their finances toward what they feel God is calling them (and our family) to

she has shown me how to be real with my emotions - laughing and crying freely
she is a mentor, a friend, a faith partner, a mom, a granny, a sister, a daughter and much more!

she has shown me how to still show your husband that you love him, even after being married for 34 years.

she has taught me how to forgive and how to continually work at being gracious.

she is my mom and I want to be like her and love her so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear daughter .... I am so humbled. I am so proud and thankful to God to be your mom. I love you more than words can tell. More than 5!! (you and I totally get that!) Thank you for these words - words to live up to. Thank you for them - for being my daughter - for listening,praying, loving and encouraging ME. I love you. Mom