September 13, 2012

day 13: table

here is a little confession - michael and I almost never sit at our table.

we decided that until we had kids (and had to pretend to be more proper for their sakes.. ha!) we would eat wherever we felt like it. So we normally sit in the living room on the couches. I know some people wouldn't agree with that, but hey.. it's how we roll and it works for us :)

Plus, our kitchen is also our dining room and there is really no room to pull our table out from against the wall (although we make it work when we have people over)... and... I tend to store way too many things on the table anyway.

But, when I think of a table I think of all kinds of things - doing homework, having company over, rolling out dough, planning our house plans.. etc. But my favorite thing is, time around the table with our families. It is fun to sit around the table and share a meal, to sit for hours and have coffee and conversation. to celebrate birthdays and open gifts. to make announcements. etc The table is a place for fellowship and that is a good thing.
This picture is from my brother's 30th birthday - I took on his meal, and made him bbq chicken with rice and fruit salsa (a "drunk" version - with rum - and a normal fruit version for those who do not eat rum with their meal - like everett). This picture reminds me of a very fun evening being with my family and sharing a meal. plus, Josh & Leah have grandma & grandpa's old dining room table, and that table reminds me of many family dinners and conversations. memories!

No comments: