January 14, 2011

small acts

i have been reminded this week of how much impact a small act can make

small things, ideas that pop into our heads - oh i should email her - i bet she'd like a coffee - maybe i could make her a meal - so&so just popped into my head, i should send them a quick text etc. - that we often don't act on.

this week i made a big decision to quit one of my jobs. i resigned on Monday. a huge weight has been lifted, and it's a step in the direction of putting my health first. but making that decision was hard, and this week has felt long.

to add to it, i got that wicked stomach flu that is going around, and it is the WORST! i don't wish it on anyone.

it has been a long week. and small acts of kindness have definitely helped keep me afloat.

texts from family & friends
a surprise coffee dropped off at my work by a friend
a home cooked meal from my mom
an email from a dear friend & a listening ear
emails letting me know that i've been prayed for
lunch with my inlaws at work
comments on my blog from friends, family & even strangers (that don't feel like strangers when you realize you've walked through some of the same things)
my loving husband waiting on me hand & foot while i was sick

small acts help us know that we are not alone!

thank you to my friends & family that are so loving & supportive.
couldn't do this without you!

1 comment:

Mom T. said...

You are an inspiration to me my wonderful daughter! Love you and hope and pray you'll have a good weekend and a great next week.