January 22, 2011

a break

so i'm taking a break from facebook
the other day my sister Leah & I were talking about something called "internet numbing" and man, am I guilty of that!!
basically it's sitting on the computer (either on facebook, or reading random blogs of people you don't know at all, or constant internet shopping/browsing etc) and doing something rather mindlessly, or doing something that makes you feel less good about yourself
the first time that we talked about this concept i realized that earlier that day i had spent the good part of an hour browsing an acquaintances photos on facebook and couldn't even tell you what i had been looking at!! mindless.

so, i've decided today to just take a vacation from facebook. even just to get myself used to not going on it every other minute! maybe next week I'll be back on it, or maybe in a few weeks I'll delete it! who knows.

I want to try and spend this week: finishing my job well; resting; reading; bible study; exercise; cooking; organizing and RELAXING.  and perhaps this face-cation will be a healthy step in the healing process.

a break

1 comment:

Leah said...

face-cation...I love it!