January 15, 2011

heaven stands

is there anything in your life that has always been a dream
or a wish
or a hopeful idea
that you always figured wouldn't happen?

i was thinking about this today, and about how defeating that type of thought process is

ideas like:

i'd like to learn that instrument
i'd love to make a cd
how fun would it be to be famous
insert your own idea here

and how quickly they are followed by the next thought:

you take way to long to learn new things, it wouldn't be worth it
who would buy it? where would you make it?
famous?! ha! nice try.
etc.

regardless of whether these ideas, thoughts, wishes are likely to come true - who cares? can't we allow ourselves this opportunity to wish, dream without being the wet blanket?

i have a friend who's husband plays just about every instrument. yes, he is a quick learner, and very musically gifted. but.. would he know that if he didn't decide to just go for it & try learning?

i love to sing. and i have always wanted to be able to play the guitar to accompany myself. or even the piano - better than how i play now, which is quite basic. i've dreamt about playing/singing at coffee shops and small cafes. or making a small cd. i don't even want to be "famous" or really well known necessarily, but rather, just have an avenue to sing.

maybe i'll be taking guitar lessons soon.. you never know.

this is the song that got me thinking about it. i've heard it on the radio a few times in the last couple of weeks & i think it's beautiful. and i like the folky quality of her voice. plus the words are suitable for me where i'm at. take a listen. enjoy. dream.

i have unanswered prayers, i have trouble i wish wasn't there
and i have asked a thousand ways, that You would take my pain away

i am trying to understand, how to walk this weary land
make straight the paths that crooked lie
oh Lord, before these feet of mine

when my world is shaking
Heaven stands
when my heart is breaking
i never leave Your hands

when you walked upon the earth, You healed the broken, lost & hurt
i know You hate to see me cry, one day You will set all things right

Your hands that shaped the world are holding me
they hold me still
Your hands that shaped the world are holding me
they hold me still

when my world is shaking... heaven stands
when my heart is breaking, I never leave Your hands

your hands - jj heller

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love that song Ashley. It has been an incredible encouragement to me over the years. May the words just soak into your heart and become truth for you.

Thank you for sharing your heart. I will be praying for you.

MomT said...

This is a very beautiful song and I'd love to hear you sing it!