June 7, 2011

happy birthday to my dear mom

 a mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. - tenneva jordan

if you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. - robert brault

the heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. - honore de balzac

mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. - marion garretty

a mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. washington irving

sunday was my mom's birthday
and i had the privilege of hosting the party!

as i wrapped the gift (the much awaited ipod touch), set the table, cut up the vegetables.. i spent time thinking about my mom & thanking God for her

i have the best mom. a mom that listens to all my ranting and raving. calls me on choices i've made or things i say. laughs with me all the time. cries with me and is always ready with a hug. a mom that shares her heart with me and her vision for women's ministry. a mom that calls me to pray with/for me before a big test, or interview, or tough experience. a mom that is still happy to have sleepovers with me, where we often stay up too late chatting or watching a movie or just relaxing. a mom that i want to call up to go for coffee, or shopping or for lunch. my mom is my best friend and i truly have a friendship with her.

i realize that this isn't the norm for most people, which makes me all the more grateful for what i do have.  my mom is so similar to me (or i guess i'm so similar to her, since she came into the world first!) that i often know what she's thinking or feeling before she even says it (and even when she says she's feeling the opposite and i can see right through it!!). my mom knows how i'm feeling by the tone of my voice over the phone. my mom knows me and still loves me! that is the best! :)

so on sunday we were able to celebrate her, with a bbq steak lunch, presents, peanutbutter icecream cake, watermelon and time playing together with everett as a family, checking out the flowers, the grass, the toys.

i am so thankful for my mom. a pillar in our family, of love, faith, and generosity.
not sure what i'd do without her.

i love you mom. the most. more than you. and way more than 5.
happy birthday and heres to many more!

xo ashes

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oh I am so blessed to be your mom! Thank you sweetheart ~ I am overwhelmed with gratefulness at the gifts God has blessed me with ~ the gifts of my family! I love you. Thanks for blessing me with your love, your care, you support, your prayers, and with your words. Thank you Lord for my kids!! love more than 5...
mom x0