July 17, 2009

some fun random things to know

i really hope that that last post wasn't a "downer" for people who read it
truth be told, i am still enjoying life and am still a happy person
i still have a wonderful family and group of friends that i love and that i am loved by
Jesus is still ever present
when i worship i worship with sincerity and gratitude
not full understanding
the air is thick for me right now but I still feel like i'm moving ahead, maybe just with different steps than i'm used to.
i am so thankful for Jay and his impact on my life. and i think as his birthday comes up
my grief is looking different yet again.

I just wanted to maybe add a more hopeful spin to parts of my post from yesterday (altho i do realize that very few people read this, i figured it was still worth the telling)


i'm feeling cheerful this afternoon
the end of a friday work day means two full days of time for non work life! and everyone likes that

so, here are some fun random things about me that i felt like sharing for fun

i always leave the last sip of coffee in my mug or take out cup, it drives michael crazy
when i have my hair curly i feel more glamorous, even if i'm wearing sweats
i appreciate really good music, but most days my radio is set to 103
i don't understand why people hang their toilet paper "under"... so sometimes i switch it while i'm in there.
i can fit a toonie up my nose
it drives me crazy that i have two silver teeth in my mouth, but i don't want fake ones either!
i would eat cereal at every meal if i could get away with it
my favorite place to worship is alone at my piano or around a campfire or in a living room with a small group of people
i think the egg shaker is a fabulous invention
on really hot summer days i daydream about walking downtown while it's snowing
i'd like to live at the lake
my mom and sisters are who i call my best friends
i am surprisingly very shy
i used to want to have two sons one day, but now i think i want a girl and a boy, or maybe just two girls... but probably a girl and a boy (not like i really have a choice!)
i enjoy hanging out with the elderly
i want my nose pierced
i miss jo all the time, especially when i go to starbucks
if i were rich i would buy starbucks every day. sometimes twice.
i would like to fly to the dominican republic for the sunshine, but mostly for the passionfruit!
i want to take a photography course in time for when josh and leah's 2nd babe is born
i love my husband more than i ever thought i could love someone!
i love being with and hanging out with my dad

time for a fun filled weekend! pedicures, manitoba stampede, getting our treadmill & caregroup!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love your list. I can check off a couple of your randoms for myself too!
Have an awesome weekend.

Joy K. said...

Ashley, sweet baby - you make my laugh!! I just have to respond, as you KNOW that I will right?

I love how you worship - and I think that is also part of the comment I shared with you after church last night - about how you bless a woman in our church...

I agree that our grief is looking different - oh how I feel that too...

Did you know I usually leave coffee in my take out too - and my mugs!!

I like the TP "under" but then again, I just put it on the way it happens - under or over - but wondering how many times you have changed it at home!!

the toonie in the nose - you know, you don't want to stretch those holes!! You also were good at putting SWEET TARTS up there and blaming Josh!!

Silver teeth - guess you could cap them white now that you have a dental plan!

I used to go to the organ and leave the settings on as low as possible and play and sing to my hearts content - alone. Guess we are similar.

The nose piercing! I told you and Leah I wanted to do this, and found out you did too - hmmm...maybe we should do that instead of pedicures!

The Dominican Republic - and passionfruit - couldn't agree more!!

Ditto on the best friends part!
On and on - you made me smile!!
Guess I have made a long enough comment!! Love you sweetheart.
mom