July 24, 2009

happy birthday baby jay!


today is my first nephews first birthday
oh how my arms are aching to hold you little guy.
i know that you would have me laughing at your antics
that i would be kissing your little cheeks non stop
that you would hear that you were loved over and over!

today we are celebrating Jay
there is no one that could ever take his place

today i want to celebrate how special he is
how much fun it was preparing for his arrival to the world
one of my favorite moments with Jay was when our family got stranded in the cuba airport.... waiting for the plane from 11 pm till 7am! Jay was so active that evening, kicking and playing in mommy's tummy. we all sat there watching Leah's belly and laughing when we saw his kicks!
i will always cherish watching my little nephew play inside his mom. I have no doubt that he knew he was loved. so very loved.

another favorite moment with my little sweet pea was when i had a moment alone with him in the hospital. Leah was in the bathroom and she asked me to hold him, what a privilege! I sat there alone with Jay and cried over him. I held his little hands and kissed his cheeks. the softest cheeks!
i touched his curls and smiled at how cute i know his hair would've grown! curls just like his mom.
i unwrapped his little feet and counted his toes. his feet were so big... he would've grown tall. probably outgrown me... and i would've been ok with that! :)
i kissed his little button nose, hugged him, bounced him and whispered over and over... this auntie loves you so so so so much.
i will never forget how good it felt to hold him. and today my arms long to hold you again Jay.

today we are celebrating this little life that changed ours. changed everyone that knew our family and everyone that anticipated Jay. today we are loved. today Jesus is holding Jay and celebrating him as well. today Jay and everyday... i love you so much!

happy birthday baby, you are forever loved.

thank you to Jeremy for the beautiful photos. we are so thankful.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Hey Ashley,

Thank you for sharing this post. I remember and pray often for all of you, but especially today. Jay will always be remembered.

I am also excited for the new little one that is on the way and will continue to pray.

Blessings,
Corrie

Janessa said...

i cried through this whole post. it was beautiful.