July 27, 2009

our God, He reigns forever

i want to thank those of you who have been praying for me and my family

i can say, without a doubt that i felt held up by those prayers especially on Friday as we celebrated Jay's birthday.

on Friday around lunch time, I went to the cemetery. I cried as I looked at what people brought to his grave, and cried knowing that this was such a small window into all that we wanted to give him!
i sat beside the stone that has his name beautifully carved into it. i sat there and told him that it was his birthday and that i loved him more every single day! i read psalm 139 and told him that he was perfectly and wonderfully made.

i felt Jesus sitting there beside me and read the bible out loud, claiming the promises for me, for Jay, for Josh and Leah, for Michael, for my mom and dad, for Leah's parents, and ian and morgan and the list went on.

the evening was a time of family and of celebrating Jay. it was so good to be together.

on thursday I could already feel prayer holding me up. holding me closer to Jesus. i had decided not to sing on the worship team, as I felt that it would be better for me to have a chance to worship on my own and not infront of the congregation necessarily. I did however remain involved by doing the powerpoint for the service, which ended up being a blessing to me. i had to follow the words closer than i do normally, since, as a singer I am good at memorizing songs quickly, and normally don't need to look at the words. Sometimes this puts me on autopilot and i think i lose out on some of the significance of the words and the message we are proclaiming.

i read this song, as I was singing and scrolling thru the power point. it is a special song to me, and part of it is at the top of my blog page. strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.
his grace is sufficient for us! his power thru my weakness.

i was able to sing the words, and felt the power of proclaiming them

strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord

our God, He reigns forever!
our HOPE, our strong deliver

You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God
you do not faint, you won't grow weary.
you're the defender of the weak
you comfort those in need
you lift us up on wings like eagles.

thank you to those who are blessing my family and i thru your prayers.

No comments: