July 5, 2011

caution: cat post ahead!

i may not have any children yet, but i definitely have two 'KIDS' at home
two crazy, lovable, furry, zany kids
chips & chandler
my crazy cats that i just love

as a kid i often requested to have an indoor cat, but, like most other kids, i probably wouldn't faithfully care for it, clean it's litter box, etc. plus, my dad isn't a big indoor pet fan. and, we lived on a farm.. so i could have all the cats i wanted, to my hearts content, outdoors.

anyway, fast forward a few 20+ years and  you'll come to now
mike & i talked about getting a cat, but he wasn't really for the idea
however, when i took him to see this cute little litter of kittens.. he was smitten
he was ready to take them ALL home
in the end, we each picked our favorite
named them chips & chandler
and now we can't imagine life without them

i find that i talk about them more often than i anticipated
i like that they come snuggle with me in the morning once i let them in my room
i like that they run around like crazy, "parcouring" and making us laugh

yesterday i had the MTS guy come to install my cable
and i discovered that my dear chandler is also a "guard cat"
he can become pretty territorial, and often doesn't like it when too many people come over & invade his space
anticipating this, i put the cats into the bathroom while the guy was here
but he had to go to the bathroom, so i had to let the cats out
later on, the guy said to me "umm one of your cats is following me around, swatting at me & hissing" i had never seen my little guardian cat act like that! but the first time he saw this guy he was sitting on my bed in my room (setting up the cable, not just being creepy on my bed! ha!), good to know my little guy has my back
when the mts guy told me that, i put chandler back into the bathroom and he was GROWLING while i moved him. then when i let him out later, he walked around the entire house, inspecting every nook & cranny

also, i've been trying to get this on video, but have been unsuccessful so far - if i am ever in the bathroom, taking a bath or whatever, and have the door closed (pulled mostly closed, not latched), chandler will run at it, and body slam it until it opens. it is hilarious. i guess he just always has to keep an eye on things. or he's a total creeper..? nah!

no wonder i feel so safe at home, with my swatting, hissing & growling guard dog cat

2 comments:

Audacious said...

Your cat's a perv. Ha ha!

Andrea said...

hey ashley....i realized i don't have your email address and i need to ask you something for family camp.

can you email me at lajm.thiessen@gmail.com?

thanks!