June 24, 2009

transform negatives -- be a little kinder than necessary

we did a strengths finder at work a while ago, and one of my strengths is "positivity"
it talks about seeing the positive in situations, optimism etc.
it also mentions that for people like this it can be hard to be around negative people

now, i am normally not a huge fan of "strengths finders" and books that "explain" who you are, and why you do the things you do. if we could all be categorized properly by these books... well we would be boring. i would rather just take little snippets from these books and figure myself out by trial and error!

however, i've found that i can see that strength in myself. i find it hard to be around pessimistic attitudes, because it kinda brings me down. however! i find it even harder to be around people who are overly optimistic or ridiculously positive. it doesn't feel genuine to me.

sorry to those who are actually reading this, i feel really scattered this morning!

in the last year i've learnt a lot about myself, and i've also realized that there are a lot of things that i used to care about/make a big deal about, that I have now realized aren't that big of a deal. i've realized that people have different priorities than me, and that I won't always understand people entirely! i've found things that frustrate me, that probably didn't used to before, so i'm learning to be kinder!

ramble ramble ramble. that is how i feel today!
BE NICE, and that is all for now.

No comments: