June 7, 2009

life is something to be sipped and savored



a couple of months ago i went to starbucks (well... i do that weekly, but this one specific time) & bought a journal.
i felt like i hadn't journaled regularly in a long time, and i really liked this one, and thought maybe it would inspire me to write more
see... i love to write, but sometimes feel like i am either on repeat or have nothing of value to write down. but i really do love to write.

the journal is called life's little reminders and this is what it says on the back:
the best journeys are always about laughing together, loving each other, seeking adventure, believing in our dreams and making a difference... but sometimes we forget. so we offer life's little reminders: a journal filled with daily inspiration - wise and wonderful little ways to reconnect with life's pleasures and appreciate one another. take it with you on your journey. and always remember that life isn't something to be hastened or hurried: it's something to be sipped and savored.


as it says in the description, there is a daily inspirations, or reminders of things to do to enjoy life even more! i've decided that to inspire me to write, i will use one daily inspiration per blog post, and see where that takes me.

so, the first one is: care deeply
i've realized that caring deeply is something that comes very naturally to me. sometimes to my dismay! right now i'm in a stage where i feel like i want a friend to come that cares about me as deeply as i care about them
don't get me wrong, i have a lot of people that i care about and that care about me, my husband being the most caring of all!
but i'm talking about a girlfriend, someone who thinks to call me first and that i think to call first
it's been hard having jo move back to ontario permanently and i feel like there is a hole that is staring me in the face
caring deeply... this is something that i appreciate about who God made me. and i think he put me into the right family, (and now another right 2nd family). i feel like i would do well in a caring profession, and i've been mulling that over in my mind a lot more lately
i laugh easily, and cry even more easily, sometimes i feel like i can feel other people's emotions that they aren't speaking about. i get that from my mom (and my dad too...). i'm learning to not hide that, but to share it with people.

i care a lot, and about a lot of things!

i decided to finish this post by sharing three things that i really care about: my family, my friends and photography... and here is some of my recent melding together of those 3:


No comments: