June 11, 2009

go barefoot



hmmm this is my habit
and well, it's just me!

this one is an easy reminder, because even as i write this, i'm at work, with my nice dress pants and curly hair, and i'm barefoot.

i kick off my shoes as soon as i walk into my cubicle, or as soon as i get home i take off my socks
i normally only wear socks in the winter, although not always even then and you will know that i am comfortable in your home if i take off my socks when i get there
sounds kinda gross i guess to some people, or weird maybe
but that is how i am, and it's comfortable!

maybe if i had weird looking feet it would be different, but fortunately for me, and everyone else i guess... my feet are pretty a-o.k.

on a separate note... chad is back!
we are so excited to be able to see him, and give him hugs and tell him how much we missed him
but more importantly than that (and chad, i hope you read this... although we intend on telling you again in person) we are so excited to hear stories, and put faces to names with all the pictures, to see how God has used you, chad, and how he has stretched you. it's so exciting to see how your faith and love for Jesus has deepened, and widened, and has spilled out of you onto the "statistics"
it's weird coming back from things, and seeing people, and feeling in ways like nothing has changed or that no one will ever fully "get it", but i'm/we're so excited to even get a glimpse!

1 comment:

Chad said...

im finally reading this and thank you. and i really like this post, i was at nolans wedding on saturday and i was like hey i dont like wearing shoes on the grass and i just took my shoes off and was like yeah say no to shoes.

love you
chad