November 15, 2008

if you hear a voice inside you saying "you aren't a painter" then paint. and that voice will be silenced.

Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity
Sweet Jesus Christ my clarity
Bread of heaven, broken for me
Cup of salvation held up to drink
Jesus, Mystery

Christ has died and
Christ is risen,
Christ will come again.

Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity
Sweet Jesus Christ my clarity
Bread of heaven broken for me
Cup of salvation held up to drink
Jesus, Mystery

Christ has died and
Christ is risen,
Christ will come again

Celebrate his death and rising
Lift your eyes, proclaim his coming.
Celebrate his death and rising
Lift you eyes, lift your eyes

Christ has died and
Christ is risen,
Christ will come again

Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity.

Mystery
Charlie Hall

This is a song that we are planning on singing at the worship night next weekend (although i won't be singing... you know, with the tonsil removal and all.) I love the words, I love how the song sounds, i love how the words feel in my mouth... does that make sense?

Jesus Christ my sanity.

The last year has been so full of ups and downs, hills and valleys. Some of the happiest moments of my life, and the very worst. Leah made a good point today, when someone asked her how she was she talked about how all we know and can cling to is Jesus. Jesus. (Now that is a word that feels good in my mouth) Jesus died, for us, and he is coming back. That is the truth. That is what keeps us sane through all the worst days. I think that is why I feel like crying through every worship song and every time i'm at church, because I am overwhelmed by Jesus, the truth.

Jesus Christ my sanity.

on another note, i've been thinking more and more about the importance of having a group of friends, and of having a "care group" now that we are married. I've thought about having a small group of girls and michael having a group of guys... but I think that what would be best for us is to have a caregroup together. a group that we can hang out with, talk about thoughts, issues, concerns, excitements. people to laugh with us and to cry with us, to pray with us and to come over for dinners and potlucks. problem is... we don't know how to "find" these people. we have at least four names that we are considering asking. this is something very important and i think it's something we need to be prayerfully considering.

it's not that we don't have good friends, because we do, we have great friends. but it is good to have a group.

i want my home to be a place that hosts people, that is welcoming and cozy.

right now we are sitting in my husbands "man haven" :)
he set up a tv, the xbox 360, and the stereo with the futon. the drums are behind us. it is a pretty sweet man haven. we are watching 30 rock, a funny show that was brought to us by josh and leah. right now tracey is attacking conan... that would make more sense if you'd ever seen it.

if you haven't... you should be coming over to our man haven (or our cozy upstairs, which is maybe now an "ashley haven"? hehe) to watch an episode. let us know, we'll put the coffee on.

ps. i love my husband.

2 comments:

Phoebe Thiessen said...

I like that picture of the two of you, and I like you, and tonight I started praying for a care group for you guys,
Love Phoebe

Joy K. said...

My sweet sweet kids...
I love reading your thoughts. I also love the words of the song, and you shared that with me yesterday, so I heard it as well. Jesus... the sweetest name we know. May He continue to be ALL to you baby,I love you both. And, knowing the importance of a caregroup, and the "right fit" I will pray about that as well. Love you so much... MOM xo