November 28, 2008

if grace is an ocean we're all sinking



I woke up this morning and looked out my window, as I often do, and I saw one of my favorite parts of winter. Horfrost. I think it is the most beautiful part of winter. God sends the snow and finds every single branch and ledge and twig and coats it in frost.

I am always amazed by the sight of it, and I think it makes winter worthwhile.

It makes me want to bundle up in my winter attire, and go for a long walk. Breathing in the winter air, watching my breath as I breathe in and out, and thanking God for his creativity and patience. I like to think that he hand paints the frost on each twig.

There is a worship song that has been playing nonstop in my head, which is ok with me. It is by Jesus Culture. I love watching Jesus Culture on youtube, it is very powerful stuff. I love when people sing with passion, and you can almost feel the music move through them. I love the imagery in the song, and how the whole song dwells on God's love for us.

The song talks about God's love being like a hurricane, and we are the trees. We bend and we are covered and we are overwhelmed by God's love. It is overpowering and... it is everything.

"How He Loves" - Jesus Culture

He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.

When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are
and how great your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.

Yeah, He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves us
Woah, how He loves.

So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.

So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

That he loves us,
how He loves...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this song. thank you for reminding me of it. what would we do without his love and grace?

Anonymous said...

...says ellen