September 20, 2011

a safe day

is anyone else loving this weather?
as i type, rain is pounding down on my window
i have the window open so that i can hear it coming down
and i can smell the fresh air

i just love rainy days

it's nice to have a day like today, where i feel like i can curl up with a book and a mug of tea, and no one can say anything bad about it.
it's good timing because i feel like i need a day to curl up
a safe day
lately i've been taking things very personally
comments from a lady lacking tact
well meaning jokes misinterpreted
and other things that i have just simply taken personally when i likely shouldn't

my brother said something to me, that these things were not a reflection of me
and that was encouraging

i think i just needed today though
a perfectly rainy day
my favorite kind of day
to curl up
read
rest
sip a hot drink
pray
and maybe even nap a little

a safe day

No comments: