March 21, 2011

melon-y springtime.

its another grey day
sometimes i think that the sun actual shines brighter on grey days
the sky may be dull looking, but my living room is bright with day light

and a fresh coat of paint!

i decided that my living room was probably jealous of my kitchen's fresh new look. so i picked a paint chip & had michael bring me home a can of paint called "springtime" - or as I call it, a wonderful shade of melon-y honeydew. a week later, everything is back in place and the day light is spilling through the window onto my wonderfully green living room.

it's been a full monday already. coffee & banana bread with my sis - phoebe. laundry & sister-wives watching with carmyn. lunch & birthday cake with audrey & carmyn. and now i have some beautiful new earrings, and some beautiful pink mums. love it. hopefully i'll have a visit from shauna & joel this afternoon & my goal is to make salted caramels. however, i may just lounge - sipping tea & soaking up the comfort of a grey day.
the before picture - michael wanted me to keep the furniture like this, because it was fun to lay on the couch when they were pushed together like a mega couch!

after!

and this last picture is to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my bestests. my dear EM. i can't wait to celebrate together in May!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I love the new color Ashley. It suits the room so well.

Janice said...

Love your new color Ash. You definitely have a knack for these things. I always choose too drab or too much color. You somehow get it just right. Oh yeah, and while I'm here HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Emily said...

Thank you for the delicious looking cup cakes!! : )
happy birthday to you as well.
Can't wait for may

love em