March 17, 2011

enjoy.

does anyone else love rain?
dreary grey days?

i love it.
i love the way the air feels when you step outside.
the way the sky blends into one color.
the sound of the rain drops hitting the window.
driving through puddles.
wearing rubber boots.

something about rain is comforting & refreshing to me.
i really do think i could live somewhere that it rained more than it was sunny. (don't get me wrong, i do love the sun, but there isn't the same comfort for me as there is in rain... except if i'm on holidays at the beach, then bring on the sun!)

it is a calm refreshing day.
i am feeling more myself these days.
not fully together, or "back to normal"
but definitely seeing glimpses of myself again.
increased energy & ambition.

i painted my living room. a beautiful green.
it reminds me of honeydew. and the color is called "springtime"
it may be a bit too bright.. but it's refreshing to me.

i'm planning on going back to cmu.
not for much.. just 4 more classes.
i am going to "redeem" my unfinished degree.
2 music history classes. 1 biology class. 1 integrative studies course.
and voila! a 4 year bachelor of arts with a major in music (and mini minors in spanish, bible, psychology & biology, ha! hows that for well rounded??)

i'm realizing i need to be careful not to over compensate.
feeling more myself does not mean jump at every opportunity & take on a million things.
i still need to rest. (thanks christine for your latest blog post.. it was a GOOD reminder for me)
to sit at the feet of Jesus.
to be silent.
to pause & enjoy.

i have the word ENJOY as big wooden letters. it was up in my living room & hasn't gone up yet since i painted, but the room looks incomplete without it. it is such a good reminder.

ENJOY.
relax.
pause.
rest.
& watch the rain!

**on another note of resting & enjoying - we are officially going to BC! michael & phoebe & i are going for a visit. i am so excited!

1 comment:

Audacious said...

I love rainy days too, and indulging in the comfort things that go with them. Yummy coffee, a cozy sweater, a bright umbrella...