February 29, 2012

a day for leaping

today is February 29th - the day that only comes once in every 4 years!
at work we joked that we're not actually getting paid for today.. so maybe we should just take it easy. It's a bit of a quieter week anyway, so I guess we'll be ok.

I really have nothing much to say on here today - things are pretty normal. But that would be a boring post so.. here are some fun random facts about my life as of late:

  • last night was my turn to "host" my card making club - I made mini cupcakes with pink frosting. I got loads of compliments on them. my secret? cake mix and store bought icing! a cute wrapper and a little food coloring & raw sugar goes a long way. 
  • also last night - since i was the "host" I got to reap the hostess benefits. my "party" accumulated over 700 dollars, so I got over $110 of free product of my choosing. It felt like the gift part of Christmas. When I pick it up next month it'll be so fun! Then a craft day is definitely in order. 
  • when mike & I discuss our house plans for our new place, he laughs at me when I talk about my "craft room" - but I'm total serious. And it will be fantastic. And you can all come over to be crafty with me!
  • my prof is sick today - so I have a free afternoon of no class!
  • I'm spending that free time with one of my favorite people in the whole world - my sister Leah
  • I have AWESOME sisters
  • yesterday I had my pupils dilated at an eye appointment, and then I went out shopping - looking sickly and not knowing it. The drops they used were neon yellow so I looked like I had jaundice. lovely!
  • i made a delicious supper last night so I could eat it quickly before running out to my club - tinfoil dinners - but in our rushing around michael reached for the oven mitts and my entire supper ended up all over the kitchen floor. we then reminisced for 10 minutes about all the things we have thrown or dropped accidentally over the course of our marriage. including the laptop. and we had a good laugh.
  • I watch the entire season of the Bachelor - even though I have known what happens for almost every episode before the start of the season. I like reading the spoilers. I do not feel that same way for other shows like Survivor and don't like when they pop up when I'm searching something else on the internet. 
  • sometimes I spend hours dreaming about having a walk in pantry and a huge industrial sized mixer, as well as a huge island to bake endless amounts of things and then drive them around to my friends for a visit & a baking gift. 
  • I discovered the worlds best recipe for cinnamon raisin bread. Took me 3 hours start to finish but then I had two huge loaves and we enjoyed it every morning for breakfast for over a week. yum.
  • I have a celebrity crush on Ondrej Pavelec. 
  • I bought a bell at Dollarama for valentines day that says "ring for a hug" and it has become a game of sorts in our house. sneakily taking it somewhere and then ringing it when the other person is in the middle of something (like say a video game... not to name any names! haha!) and then they have to stop what they're doing for a hug. 
I am now just rambling. Happy leap year day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to come and craft in your amazing craft room : )

love em