June 16, 2010

all for one and one for all

started my day out with an iced coffee.. and a fresh perspective.

the last few days i've had the same 2 songs floating around in my head.
song 1 - he loves us - sung by Jesus Culture
song 2 - take everything - seventh day slumber

song #2 just came on my computer, and it always catches me & really resonates with me. some parts of it not as much, but as a whole, i feel like the song is a bit of what my journey with "community" & "church" is right now. i'm learning that it should always start with, end with, and always be about Jesus. and only Jesus. i am learning that no matter what hurt & frustration is there because of our humanness... never changes Jesus. how thankful i am that he continually picks up the pieces of my heart. sometimes its like i can physically feel him holding it all together for me.

there are a few lyrics from 'he loves us' that have been especially significant for me. you know how sometimes you sing a song over & over and then a new piece of it is 're-revealed' to you? i love that. i was reading chads blog the other day, and read the lyrics of this song. then i went to my piano and played it. cried it. wept it. sang it. whispered it. i'm going to share those few lines & then the lyrics from song #2. it's all about Jesus.

all of a sudden, i am unaware of these afflictions - eclipsed by glory - how great his affections are for me.

he is our portion. WE are his prize. if grace is an ocean we're all sinking.

take everything: seventh day slumber:

another melody, another empty song
i tell myself that i have praised you
and try and make believe this is all you want
but once again i know i've missed it

praising you is not just the songs i sing
Jesus here I am, take everything

take the pain inside, take the brokenness
don't stop 'til there's nothing left
my arrogance, my pride, the loss of innocence
Jesus take everything

1 comment:

Becky said...

'He loves us' has been in my head for about a week!
great minds.....

:)