December 10, 2009

once upon a time, the world was just a message in a paper cup

if you look really close there's a rip in the sky
and you can see the universe

stop and look at the sun
tell me what have you done today that left you dreaming? what you want : hayley sales

such a strange couple of days this week
some very good things mixed in with random awkward conversations, offensive comments and some anxiety. it's been a strange couple of days!

there have been some very wonderful things tho, so let me share some of them with you

quality time with my hubby (since we got the kittens, we are making more of an effort to just be at home, and realizing that just because we are home doesn't mean we have a "free evening" to invite people over or fill it with something busy. Being home and together is something that needs to be done purposefully!); afternoon starbucks visit with audrey (you really are a breath of fresh air for me!); chinese food from comodo (i'm glad we discovered that place); a visit with my mom while waiting for my dad (good, but too brief!); christmas shopping with my dad (this year we decided to go before christmas eve! hehe sometimes he leaves it to the last minute. but this time we knew what to get mom, so it only took us 30 minutes!); mountain bean with phoebe (chatting, laughing, discussing, listening, loving, and a little bit of reading/studying); reading (i've been getting into novels again recently, and really enjoy losing myself in the story); snuggling with my kitties (they really are so sweet); matt & shauna came over (we love you 2!); finding christmas gifts online (hopefully they all make it before christmas!)

and much more. life is more sweet when you focus on the good!

also, i'm really excited that it's 8 days till my first christmas gift, and 15 days till christmas. i still don't have my tree which i'm not happy about! but i'm listening to a lot of christmas music and i'm hoping to do a puzzle with 2 wonderful gentlemen on saturday. i love christmas time!

No comments: