November 19, 2009

when love came down...

christmas is so close, and this year i am more excited than i've been for a long time

christmas used to hold so much anticipation and excitement. the lights, the music, the snow
the tree, the presents, the family gatherings, snowmobiling, laughing, fresh lemon buns in the morning

then as i got older i always wondered why it didn't "feel" like christmas some years. i think i got caught up in past memories and emotions rather than anticipating the true meaning of christmas and all the new and exciting things each year. the last few years i feel like i've come back to the anticipation and excitement

celebrating advent, remembering and being thankful for "His indescribable gift" (2nd Corinthians 9:15b) . family, laughter, more family, church services and the fun of picking out gifts very specifically for people.

i just really love christmas. the Reason, the season, the music, the lights, the gift giving (and receiving.. i'll admit!), the time with family. it is all kind of magical.

last night i found my "christmas mix 2007" and have been playing that in the car. i love driving around in the car belting out christmas songs! Today a guy drove up beside me and gave me a look like "she is CRAZY" because I was singing and bopping, yes bopping around in my car.

this christmas is going to be very different than last christmas, and we are going to have a little bundle of joy with us. a little babe with chubby cheeks that this auntie can't wait to snuggle and kiss!!!

my goal this year is to also include at least 1 homemade gift for each person that I'm giving a gift too... we shall see how that turns out.

time to go back to my day, humming christmas tunes the whole way thru!

christmas eve... 2 am...

2 comments:

Kara said...

I've already brought out the Christmas tunes - there is just something about them that makes me excited. Christmas is good.

Ashley, may you experience many life giving moments this Christmas and may Jesus surprise you in the simple things.

Joy K. said...

hmmmm... I wonder what you may be making me!!
I love you.
mom