November 24, 2009

deliver me

Deliver me out of the sadness
Deliver me from all the madness
Deliver me courage to guide me
Deliver me Your strength inside me

CHORUS:
All of my life
I've been in hiding
Wishing there was someone just like You
Now that You're here
Now that I've found You
I know that You're the One to pull me through

Deliver me loving and caring
Deliver me giving and sharing
Deliver me this cross that I'm bearing

Oh, deliver me, deliver me.... deliver me

Jesus, Jesus how I trust You
How I've proved You o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus
Deliver me
Come and pull me through
Come pull me through

----

this song has been playing in my head since we had a practice for our last worship night. this song has resonated in my soul for the past 16 months, and this song resonates in me today.

one of my dearest friends just told me some very hard news about her family, and my heart is aching for her. in situations like this we don't know what to pray, or how to pray. and i feel like all i can ask is for Jesus to deliver her. deliver her family. come and pull her through. JESUS JESUS! how we have trusted you, and how we have proved you over and over! Jesus, deliver her.

my dear friend, i love you so much. and will be holding you up to Jesus the way you have helped hold me up especially in the last 16 months. praying for Jesus's strength to be your strength especially now.

No comments: