November 7, 2009

creativity

my photography class is done
9 weeks later, and what have i taken away from it?
tons! things i never knew you could do, features on my camera i was always too scared to use
i even spent time in a dark room today developing a picture!
i've spent more time with my camera
my eye sees things that i never took the time to notice

we were supposed to bring in one of the pictures that we've taken (not just in the last 9 weeks) that was one of our favorites

i looked thru a bunch of my picture folders on my computer, and i continued to settle on the same photo. i've already posted it on here, but i'm going to post it again, and tell you why i love it.
this picture is of my sister, and she is beautiful. this picture is about new life. this picture speaks to me of hope, and beauty and anticipation. it's a reminder that i'm an auntie, for the 2nd time! it's a reminder of someone who takes care of herself, everything that she does, she puts the baby first.
the picture is simple, it is blown out, but to me it looks perfect. i've never seen a pregnant belly quite like leah's, and i love it! Leah, you are beautiful! i don't think this picture is good because of any skill that i have, or anything that i have learned. but i am glad i can take credit for it! :)

i'm so excited to continue to learn about photography, about my camera, and to continue seeing the world thru a new creative lens! God, thank you for creativity! for blessing us with beauty all around us, and within us, and for every time that we discover it anew.

1 comment:

Joy K. said...

Ashley and Leah too....
this is truly beautiful. Ashley, i agree with you - Leah, you are beautiful. I can hardly wait till this little "bump" is in your and Josh's arms - and in ours too - and we can sing to the babe, talk to the babe and I can guarantee that we will love to hear the babe crying too!! No cry will be so sweet! We can hardly wait!!! Soooooooon!! love mom aka Granny