January 16, 2012

let's call a crafter a crafter.

as I have said in a previous post, pinterest has become one of my favourite things
it's so fun to organize all the wonderful things I find on the internet & to see what other people have been browsing & pinning.

I am a big fan of crafts & anything DIY (do-it-yourself) - I think that is also why I love baking & cooking, because it's all kinda crafty & its fun to experiment.

I have tried not to spend too much of my 'pinning' time on items that I want to BUY because Michael & I are trying to be wise with our money & also, it's quite easy to become greedy! so instead, I've been looking for ideas for our new house, DIY projects & recipes. however, this has presented a new, unanticipated (for me) semi-problem

comparing!

I have been browsing some wonderful blogs. Blogs written by women that I think I could be friends with (they seem so creative & interesting), women that are incredibly gifted, creating recipes from scratch & coming up with wonderful home-made ideas. Sometimes I feel just like a copy cat of sorts.

I find that if I spend too much time thinking about it, it makes me think that I'm not creative or crafty or skilled.. all of which I know to be untrue! (not to toot my own horn, but let's call a crafter a crafter!) why is it so easy to see other peoples skills as a personal weakness...?? frustrating!

so, I'm ending my ridiculous pity party before it officially starts. i mean, I'm in a card club for crying out loud! that is crafty!! :)

on a much different note.. in just over 12 hours I will be meeting the newest klassen baby, and I will be an auntie for the 3rd time. I can hardly sleep I am so excited. I am excited to see what everett will think of his new sibling. i am very confident that Everett will instantly love this new baby.

being an auntie is the best!
ev's 2nd birthday, i made him tractor* cupcakes (*iced like grass with tractor pictures on sticks, they were cute!) 
just hanging out, playing with his new toys in his elmo pj's from moi 
this was christmas, ev & I were hanging out, eating chocolate cheerios

2 comments:

Audacious said...

You are crafty and creative and fabulous and people should feel blessed to know you. I know I am!

Amazing how a big-boy haircut seemingly transformed your adorable nephew from a toddler into a little man. What?! SO handsome :-)

Leah said...

Totally get this...sometimes I have to remind myself to use my own crafty brain because looking at everyone else's ideas makes me feel like I don't have any. It's a fine line...feeling inspired or feeling discouraged by seeing all those beautiful pictures...