January 4, 2012

dreaming in kitchens

pinterest has become my new favourite thing thanks to an invite from my friend christine - I love searching for ideas for our house, for DIY projects, for clever tips & of course, for recipes
i am realizing that as we design our home (to hopefully be built in 2013) there are a few areas of the house that I care most about their design & their look - the kitchen, the laundry room & our ensuite. i have always liked bold colours & I am thinking it will be no different in our new home. I also really like a bit of a vintage feel (if only i had a friend who was into vintage.. just joking, audrey is one of my inspirations!)
functionality, simplicity & a fresh feel are 3 of the most crucial things for me.
since the actual decision making stage is still semi-far off I am having fun just gathering all kinds of photos, blogs, and magazine clippings to inspire me.
here are my current favourite inspirations. and the last photo is a photo that will have a prominent spot in my kitchen.
source 
source 
source
source 
my inspiration - my sweet grandma (the summer after my dad was born)

3 comments:

Audacious said...

I love all of those! The photo of your grandma is wonderful for so many reasons.

Just let me know what you're looking for in the way of vintage accessories and I'll start hunting.

Leah said...

I love your Grandma Ash. That is such a beautiful picture...we could do a backsplash like hers in your kitchen. :)

Anonymous said...

Leah stole what I was going to say...
- Jo