July 4, 2010

to write.

i used to say i wanted to be a writer because i liked to type
i like watching the letters appear on the screen, and that my fingers know exactly which keys to press.
i like that these letters turn into words, into sentences, into thoughts and ideas.
i like that i can sit down to type and find it relatively easy to express my thoughts.
i've often wondered if those thoughts that play over and over in my head are a "sign" of something that is true, or in this case, should be pursued.
funnily enough, i used to say as a kid that i wanted to be a trucker when i grew up because i liked to burp/fart when i wanted to, and i could eat donuts all day! and.. well lets just say I'm glad that thought didn't get pursued and pan out! :)
i think the idea of being a writer is much the same as the way i now view music therapy. and that would be that.. just because i really like something, doesn't mean it would be the right fit for me. i have not yet at all regretted quitting that degree when i did, nor do i at all regret taking it in the first place.
basically what i've learned, is that i love to sing. i love to make music. i love to interact with the elderly and children with special needs. i love to write, and i love to explore my creativity.. but i do those things best when it's a choice to do them!!
even with this blog, sometimes i can not think of a single thing to write, if the reason behind writing is that i HAVE to write something!
so.. i will not be a 'writer'.. i'll just continue to be me, and write as i will :)

which brings me to right now.. lounging in my back yard, with the sun kissing my skin. my hair is wet from a recent shower, and i can smell my load of laundry running its course downstairs. it has been a good day, relaxing with my man, having lunch with my in laws and helping my parents at the new land. the lawn is freshly cut, and all feels well.

i think i'll finish this beautiful summer day with a big slice (or two) of watermelon that is chilling in my fridge. hope you all enjoyed the sun!

1 comment:

In His Strength said...

I like you post .... and I also see how we are similar in so many ways! Mother and daughter! I am glad you could spend some time relaxing. And so glad you did not become a trucker! I will always remember you saying that!

I love you and I am so glad you are embracing who God has created you to be, and that you have your good man by your side!