July 12, 2010

and then there were 3



i am so happy to be able to say i'm a proud 'auntie' to another sweet little man! i say "auntie" because it's not a blood relation, but the babe of our best friends, who i plan to love & spoil as much as possible!!

yesterday afternoon, sweet little joel david plett was born! he is ridiculously cute, and is a perfect sized little bundle.

they called us on saturday evening (11pm) to tell us that they were on their way to the hospital. i hardly slept at all because i was so excited. however, i woke up with a heart full of anxiety. it's 2 weeks away from the day we met & said goodbye to Jay. my heart is forever changed, and my outlook on life is too.. i tried to distract myself, but just felt useless. i went to the backyard to pray and journal and read my bible. the song "we fall down... we lay our crowns, at the feet of Jesus.." came on my ipod and i started to sob. i felt paralyzed by fear and anxiety. i have loved this little baby from the minute we were told matt & shauna were pregnant. i've been anticipating his arrival and praying for him often! i asked my sisters & mom's to pray. pray for my dear friend (going through days of labour!) and for my heart to be still. as i was praying i kept hearing over & over again.. that the "fuller" my heart is with Jesus.. the less room there is left over for anxiety. so i continued to pray all day.

and praise be to God.. at 2:12 pm... joel entered the world screaming/crying. amazing.

that evening i stood there, just looking at him & trying to soak him in as much as possible before I go to BC (SO GLAD he came before that!!!!) and thanking God that this couple that we love is now a family of 3.
we cry holy holy holy.. is the Lord

1 comment:

Joy said...

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord... amen.

We rejoice with the Plett's!! What a cute family! And, so glad you saw baby Joel before you leave tomorrow morning!

love you...
mom