July 24, 2010

forever in my heart. always on my mind.


its been 2 years

my sweet little nephew, i wonder what you would be like
i imagine the smell of your skin
the sound of your voice
and your touch

you are on my mind everyday
i think of you whenever i see the wild daisies growing
i think of you whenever i look at your little brother.
he looks so much like you, but he is his own little man.
i think of you when i sing
when i drive
when i go for a walk

you have changed my life
you made me an auntie
losing you broke my heart
and it is slowly coming together
but you will forever hold a piece, and i will never be the same.

i love you so much
and so wish that i could know you.
happy birthday sweet little Jay.



i am spending Jay's birthday at the wedding of one of my dearest friends
i am able to sing in a choir that they are having, a gospel choir
a new experience for me, but i believe it is something God is using to remind me of how much he loves us, and how much he loves Jay
the words in the choir song are taken from the wedding scripture
i think that singing these words aloud on Jay's birthday is God's reminder to me that He is sovereign amidst the grief & despair

christ will deliver us
instead of ashes a crown of gladness
christ will restore us
instead of mourning the oil of joy
christ will renew us
not despair but a garment of praise
christ will rebuild us
and plant us as oaks of righteousness

i miss you so much.

2 comments:

Rachel Scarff said...

Ashley, that is so beautiful. Jay and Ev are so blessed to have such a godly, loving Aunty. And I'm blessed to have you as a friend.

Andrea said...

that was really beautiful to read, ashley.