January 31, 2009

said it's ok, won't you draw near to me?

there is a song that i re-discovered the other day when i was looking through my piano books.
it's called Lord How Excellent, words and music by Jon Buller.
the first time that i sang it again at my piano i was just struck by how true this song is in my life right now.

the song talks about trusting God, about giving him control. it talks about being hurt, feeling like you can't do it, being honest with God. BUT the part that i love about this song is the chorus. the chorus to me is saying, that no matter where i'm at, how i'm feeling, God is GOD, and his name... oh his name, is so excellent. He is God over all the earth, and HE... he is excellent. and He loves me, no matter how i feel, or how frustrated i can be, or how i struggle to trust him. HE is excellent.

i've been singing this song at the beginning of every day. Lord, how excellent.

LORD HOW EXCELLENT
(Jon Buller)

All that I am, all that I want to do
I give it up to You - oh my Lord
And all that I see, oh let me close my eyes,
And look into Yours and see You
And the pain that I feel, and the hurt that's so real
It's all over me, all over me.
Won't You take it away, come some other day,
Won't You stay, won't You stay

Oh Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth
Your name in all the earth, how excellent

And all that I am, all that I'm going to be
We'll just wait and see - Oh my Lord
And all that I've lived, all that I've ever feared
Let me cry a tear for You
As it rolls down my face, I just can't run this race
Won't You dry my eyes, dry my eyes
Some day I will be the one who lives happily, won't I be, won't I be?

And God, He could feel my pain,
Said it's ok, won't you draw near to me?
I want you to know, if you stay or if you go, I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
I found your blog through google. I thought I would mention the bridge...several years ago I re-recorded the song and re-wrote the bridge slightly.
I sometimes sing it this way now.
'I want you to know from the depths of your soul that I love you'.
I think that's one of the world's loudest cries, whether people know it or not, that they want to be loved. You, me, this world...we are loved by God!
All the best,
Jon Buller

ashleymarie said...

Jon, thanks for sharing that with me. Its appreciated.