January 8, 2009

in the morning lord, we look to you...

in the morning Lord we look to you
for the strength we need just to make it through
have mercy

in the evening Lord we look back and say
it was in your strength that we made our way
have mercy

you are everything we need
feed us Lord

everything we need: by steve bell

this is a song from Steve Bell's new CD devotion

it has been in my head most of the day, and has been something encouraging. Jesus is everything we need. my heart feels sad today, but encouraged. which is much appreciated.

i feel like i've finally allowed myself to be more vocal about how i'm feeling and what i'm thinking, and it has been good to have those words fall on listening and caring ears. i have been very blessed with a wonderful mom and dad, and now again with another wonderful mom and dad. and it feels so good to be cared for that much more. i also have two wonderful brothers, very different, but both very loving and amazing guys. and my sisters... oh where would i be without my sisters. today i have the privilege of spending time with both of them, and i feel encouraged.

Jesus, you are everything we need, but thank you for all the extras.
please continue to have mercy, and feed us Lord.

2 comments:

Kara said...

yeah for good families. I'm glad you have found much strength and support in them!

Blessings to you today Ashley! Take care.

Joy K. said...

Hi Sweetie.... I just thought I would check in here and see if you had written today. I love the words of the song. I also love that you are finding strength in those who love and care about you. We are in this long dark valley together.... with some pretty amazing family and friends that are wiping our tears as they fall. They are a gift from God. I have been thinging about alot these past few days. It feels like the "closet door" of my being is no longer shutting, and things are tumbling out fast and furious... kind of like my house (hmmm never thought there was a connection, but it seems like everything is a mess...) Anyhow, I love how Steve Bell writes that Jesus is everything that we need...
A good reminder. He is EVERYTHING ... Somehow, in the midst of all our questions, there is still that fact. Jesus is.
He just is. I love you baby.
mom