December 6, 2012

purples & pinks

a few months ago I posted some black & white pictures of our nursery
we knew we were having a sweet girl
but we weren't telling yet!

I had friends study the pictures
trying to decide what shades the baskets were
and guessing the colors of the walls
it was a fun secret to keep!

but now, this sweet little peanut is 3 weeks old
 so I decided to post pictures of her nursery since I said I would eventually show color ones for those who cared about the black & white ones!

So here it is:
 this is on her door

 i made those tissue pompoms the day I found out I was having a girl :)
 the quilt lovingly made by Granny (my mom)
 my glider and the blanket on the back was made by Grandma (Mike's mom)
 the most used piece of furniture in her room - the change table, so. many. diapers.


3 comments:

Krista said...

A beautiful nursery for a beautiful little girl! So lovely.

Audacious said...

Such a sweet room. It seems you found a spot for the butterfly garland :-)

Joy Thomas Klassen said...

I love this sweet room - and I loved taking her in there. As she laid on her change table - I sang to her ... yes, you know "the birdies in the treetop" and then "Jesus loves me" . She laid there as if listening very still. I know she hears you sing and wondered what she thinks, what she sees ... oh sweet little One - I love you so much.
love granny

x0x0x0 more than 5!