May 10, 2012

what a day!

today I am pining.
pining for the lake, the cabin, relaxation, time with family, reading for hours, boating, digging my feet into the sand, hearing the leaves rustling in the wind, bike riding, smiley face cookies, movie watching, washing dishes by hand, dad's homemade hashbrowns, endless cups of coffee, etc.
i took this picture 2 years ago at the lake
I think it's a combination of the beautifully warm day we're having today (high of +27!), the fact that may long weekend is just around the corner (which is normally the first weekend we consider going down to the cabin) and the sound of the trees & leaves rustling in the wind that is coming through my window.

We have a window in our bathroom, and this morning when I was in the shower I opened the window and took a deep breath and thought to myself, it smells like being at the lake. The air was so fresh and crisp. And everything is so green and full of life. What a wonderful day.

so I'm pining.
Being at the lake is among my top 5 favorite things in life.
With my job, I have the luxury of having every weekend be a long weekend (I don't work Mondays) and I intend to spend as much time as possible at the lake.

What's your favorite summer thing that you're pining for?

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

lying on a blanket in assiniboine park.

Audacious said...

Lemonade in the shade.

Joy said...

Well .... anytime I have my family around me is my favorite time!! AND it just happens to be that the lake is our place to gather! SO I can hardly wait too.

It has been a little too full lately ... I just realized this when I read all the posts I had missed. The one about hearing our little one's heartbeat! OH WHAT A MOMENT!!

And your exercise post made me laugh thinking about Richard Simmons buns of steel - in his cute little striped shorts!! (lol)

I am so glad you write sweetheart - and will always treasure the journal you gave to us from when you were in Guatemala with Outtatown.

I love you so much! More than 555555 and to the moon and back!

mom xo