March 21, 2012

relaxing in florida

it's 11:30am here in florida and we're coming to the end of a wonderful family vacation
we leave early on Friday morning (my birthday!) and already it seems too soon
i love family vacations - lots of time to be together, lots of time for reading (i just finished my book yesterday - a thousand splendid suns). This trip we also went to disney world , hollywood studios and sea world. we may go back to disney today or tomorrow and maybe animal kingdom.. we're playing it by ear.
I have spent many hours sitting by the pool, chatting with everett and watching him learn how to swim on his own (with water wings) This trip has also given us a lot of time with Roger, which is always awesome. 

Now I'm sitting here outside at our patio set, while josh reads & roger sleeps. Mom, Dad & Everett are on a nature walk, and I think Mike & Leah are doing the dishes. Life is good. Today it is feeling a little cooler though, and I just spotted a big grey cloud over the pool.. good thing we already went swimming today! I guess the cool weather is why the hot tub was invented :)

Here are just a few of the pictures so far:
this is where I'm writing from - at the table with the pool in the background
 our first day at disney. Mike & Everett each got "1st visit" buttons to wear, and they were pretty excited about all that was coming up!
 just hanging out with my sweet nephew Roger
 big blue eyes just like his brother (and his auntie!)
 this car in our backyard here has been a big hit. Everett 
goes to "store" or "work" and always makes sure to wave goodbye to everyone. normally we give him a list of things that we'd like him to buy and give him some "money"
 our house & cars
 mom & me outside the house
 mike at disney
us at the magic kingdom in front of the princess castle

more pictures to come I'm sure!! :)

3 comments:

Audacious said...

Yay! Pictures. I'm on full Ashley withdrawal. Looks and sounds like a dreamy vacation.

christine said...

so awesome you got to soak in some SUN!!! i love the last picutre of you and mike in front of the castle. man you've got style. wasn't the ending of a thousand splendid suns amazing???? man i moved me. hope you liked it.
post more pics. i love them.

christine said...

i like to say "man" , man.