April 27, 2011

love ever after

i found the link to these photographs by Lauren Fleishman on the 22words blog
there are 10 photos in a collection called "love ever after" which includes photos of people married for 50+ years and quotes from them as well. i found myself wishing there were more than 10!

love is a gift
and it's so heart warming when it is so obviously appreciated!

"i am not thinking everyday, oh my husband is 83 years old and my goodness I am married to an old man! and I hope he feels that way too"

"another cadet with high boots had approached her but she didn't like high boots and so she said no to him. i was the second one to approach her, i had a different uniform, but i'm still not sure if it was my uniform or my face that attracted her to me!"

 "you know he was very nice looking! in august of this year we will be married 63 years. i would say love came little by little. not right away. we were young and he was older but i liked him."
"i wonder what life would be like if he wasn't here. i don't worry so much about me not being here. i tease him all the time. i say, if i'm not here you better find someone to take care of you!"

"at 2 o'clock we watch the news. i like to read books and he reads the newspaper. what is the secret to love? a secret is a secret and i don't reveal my secrets!"

2 comments:

Audacious said...

If she really loved him, she would tell him he shouldn't be wearing a speedo anymore. I'm sorry, it had to be said. :-)

ashleymarie said...

to the anonymous commentor - please don't be rude! i'm going to delete your comment because aud was just saying that in jest, and there is no reason to be rude.