February 7, 2011

a refresher

i needed some refreshing
so i decided to refresh the room that i spend a lot of time in
the kitchen

i like to bake
and cook
and do dishes
organize cupboards
find new recipes
experiment

aka - i spend a lot of time in my kitchen
so, it got a much needed new look

on tuesday i decided to paint
on wednesday i drove to rona, chose 3 paint chips that i liked
the nice lady behind the counter showed me a can of paint that matched one of the paint chips that i had
it was a mistint, and therefore it was 50% off!

so, 15 dollars of paint, and two evenings and VOILA
new kitchen.
and i love it.

also, i decided to allow my inner 5 year old to play outside
and i made michael & i as snow people
and a snow cat to sit on my front step because i'm crazy like that

here are some pictures. enjoy.
i am off to spend the day at the spa with 2 of my favorite women in my life
mom & leah
can't wait!!

the before shot - a non exciting mossy green

the thiessen's - snowman style
i'm the one on the right with the blue bottlecap eyes :)

my snow cat

the after! a beautiful refreshing blue

my kitchen art that i love

6 comments:

christine said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!
I LOVE the colour of your kitchen!
i need one more exclamation mark-!

what a cheery, happy paint colour. well done!
(not that you need my approval or anything. but i really like it). enjoy your time at the spa :)

Becky said...

Looks really great, Ash! It's very similar to the colour of my daughter's bedroom, but I love it in your kitchen!

Happy cooking in that great space! :)

Andrea said...

love! love! love! the new kitchen color. so bright and cheery!

and i LOVE how you just up and did something. something like that would take me weeks and weeks to think about actually getting up and doing it. and you just DID IT!!

Kara said...

I love the paint colour. Good choice. Enjoy your day at the spa.

Adrienne said...

mmm. that colour makes me want to LIVE in that room!

Phoebe said...

So good! now I got to see it before i made it over to your place...cannot wait to actually be in it with you!