December 6, 2010

needing a break - and what i know forsure

how does anyone ever know 100% what they want to do in life?

i really love both of my jobs right now, but i would not recommend working 2 jobs to anyone!
even though i love the work at both places, i just really want a break! feeling like i'm constantly running makes me feel like maybe i don't actually enjoy the work! but then i go to the job, and i really truly love the work. i don't think the job is actually the problem.. maybe just exhaustion??

when i was in the last year and a half of my music therapy degree, i knew with 99% of my being that it wasn't actually the right thing for me. how did I not see that from the beginning? because of that experience, it makes me nervous about investing time, money and energy into the next degree/diploma or whatever. i don't want to be one of those people that changes their mind every few years about what they want to do!

here is what i know forsure:
  • i love being a wife. if we could afford it, i would love to be a homemaker, and spend my time volunteering at things that I love rather than working.
  • eventually i want to be a mom and spend the majority of my time just pouring into my children
  • i love the idea of improving quality of life. that is what i LOVE about therapeutic recreation, and that is what i loved about music therapy. it's what i love about any program or relationship or activity that encourages and builds people up.
  • i love building relationships, and being a friend to people who need it. i have some ladies at the personal care home that could go a whole week without a hug, so even if I just offer a hug a few times a week.. that relationship is important!
  • i would love to work at mom's retreat house in the future. whether that be by baking or cooking, cleaning, esthetics (i still think about pursuing that!) or something else.. i would love that.
so i know some things forsure.. that's gotta be a good start.. right?

2 comments:

lauren elizabeth said...

...I do still have that design for ashley marie cosmetics...

just saying...

ashleymarie said...

so awesome! :)