September 26, 2010

happy anniversary to us!

last night as i was about to fall asleep i said to michael "two years ago tonight, i could barely sleep with excitement!"
and i woke up today thinking "two years ago i woke up for the most fabulous day, when i married my best friend!!"
two years ago... in some ways it seems like just the other day, and in other ways it feels like way more than 2 years (in a good way!)

i think that michael & i have had to go through many things that most people our age have not dealt with and maybe never will. i think that we had to lean on one another in ways that newlyweds normally don't have to worry about! but I am so glad for my man. so glad for the way we have walked through grief and hard times together. so glad that he was there to see Jay. so glad he was there by my side anxiously awaiting Everett. so glad he has been by my side as we work through church life. and so thankful for the way he is ok with my many tears as i go over this rollercoaster of emotion with grandma's health. so glad that he gets to work side by side with my dad & brother making the retreat centre become a reality! we are in this life, side by side.

yesterday i was sitting & visiting with one of my ladies at the carehome, and i was asking her all about her family etc. i asked her to tell me about when she met her husband, when they got married etc. and she told me that this summer they celebrated 70 years! 70!!! i asked her if she loved her husband more today than she did when she married him, and she said "well... Yes. in so many ways i love him way more. but i also worry about him way more! but no, i just love him" i told her that my goal was to be celebrating my 70th anniversary one day too :)

michael - i love you, you are my best friend! i love that you laugh at my jokes, that you listen to my stories and tell me your thoughts and dreams. i love waking up beside you and doing life side by side with you. two years ago we made a promise in front of all of our family, friends and God to love one another forever and I am happy to have the privilege to do just that! happy anniversary, i love you!

2 comments:

chad said...

happy anniversary to you two. you know i was pretty mad when i first had to share michael with you, but i got over it(for the most part) when i finally met you.
Heres to 68 more wonderful years

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary again! Just know that Dad and I will always be here by your sides - to encourage and support, to laugh and to cry, to work and to play together....
We are so glad you married Michael - and we love him so much.

We are family - and I am soooooooooo glad!
love mom