February 5, 2009

things you may not know!

so, i did one of those "25 things you may not know about me" things on Facebook, but decided it would be fun to do one on here, with things that i think most people actually wouldn't know!

1. i love bubblebaths. when i take one i fill the tub so full of bubbles, but then i won't get out until i've drowned every single bubble... takes forever.

2. i secretly wish i was a red head, not strawberry blond, but like.... dark rich red, like Adison from Grey's Anatomy.

3. i love reading books out loud, altho it takes a lot longer to read.

4. i love reading to michael at night, he likes it cuz my voice lulls him to sleep, but then periodically i yell "michael!" so he wakes up and keeps listening!

5. i love traveling, but get homesick almost always on the 2nd day, unless i'm with my mom!

6. i like grocery shopping more than shopping for clothes.

7. i'm a sucker for "points", for instance, i prefer shopping at Sobey's over Superstore because i get Club Sobey's Points!

8. if i was rich... i would go to Mongo's grill all the time

9. i'm fascinated by water chesnuts. they crunch in such a unique way!

10. i used to sing when i would wait for the bus, and i would record it on my cell phone, that way when people drove by it would look like i was just talking on the phone.

11. if i watch a show a lot i feel like i know the characters like they are actually my friends.

12. since my jaw surgery i sometimes have dreams where my jaw locks up or falls off.

13. i loved being a maid so i could see how other people live.

14. after it rains, i love to walk thru every puddle, especially when wearing flip flops.

15. i think fake banana flavor is wonderfully delicious. my husband... does not!

16. i used to sneeze up to 15 times in a row, but since my tonsils were removed i only sneeze once or twice, and i kinda miss it.

17. i still have 2 baby teeth and the only reason i kinda like them is because it reminds me of my Poppa (my Grandpa Thomas) cuz he had missing adult teeth too!

18. i really don't like black tea, it makes my throat feel funny.

19. i now officially love country music... never saw that coming.

20. some parts of my heart still hurt from things that were said and done to me by others when Michael and I started dating, and i think they will always hurt.

21. i wish i had freckles.

22. i will never stop missing Jay or wondering what he would be like.

23. i will never define my worth by the job i have and don't know how to handle it when people define my worth by my job. it should be about being happy.

24. i don't think anyone could love their dad more than i love mine.

25. in the winter time i daydream about how many days till i get to go to the cabin again... only a few more months...

5 comments:

Joy K. said...

You make me smile!
I love you forever
I love you for always
As long as I'm living
My Baby you'll be.

I love you more than 5.
mom

Joy K. said...

Hi Baby.... I just read over your blog again, this time I read it outloud to Dad. He smiled, especially about the part where you mentioned him!! Somehow I missed the part about your heart hurting, in regards to things that were said when you were beginning to fall in love with Michael!! I agree, but as I am realizing, we need to work through our hurt... but I don't know if the feeling ever goes away. People say things that they have no right saying, and once said, it can not be taken back. I am so glad you fell in love with Mikey, and vice versa.... I just love him too, and we are all soooo glad that you guys perservered and fell in love, and now, you are married... wooohoooo.... love you. mom

Mom T said...

Ashley,
I love your blog. I love the things I get to know about you and I love that I get to know you better and therefore love you more!

I'm sad about #20 and what dad and I contributed to that. If you ever want to have a conversation about our part of the hurt, I will be more than ready to listen and talk. I know we never forget and we can never take back what we said. That's the sad part for me. Thank you for forgiving. If you ever need to or want to talk, I'll be ready.
Love, Mom

Josh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Leah said...

I tried posting a comment, but then it said Josh wrote it but he didn't...I did...so then I deleted it. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I like this post.
:)