December 14, 2008

here i am, in that old place again, down on my face again crying out, i want you to hear my plea, come down and rescue me.

Matthew 8:1-3

When he came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... the leper asked God to make him clean, and he did.

yesterday i was at a ladies brunch and the speaker said that she prayed a prayer like that to God, saying "if you are willing you can..." and she said for her it wasn't believe that God could. it was believe that he would.

Jesus, how long do we have to wait?

HOW LONG?!

here i am, in that old place again down on my face again
crying out, i want you to hear my plea
COME DOWN AND RESCUE ME
how long will it take?
HOW LONG WILL WE HAVE TO WAIT?

come to me rescue me fall on us with your love



(sanctify : delirious)

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

i went and listened to that song after i read your post. i love it. thanks for reminding me!