October 8, 2008

i'm a thiessen!

so... the past few weeks have been a blur
and now i'm home and i'm a married woman!

it's kinda funny to me how one day i was an engaged woman, then i threw a giant and fun party with michael and my family and friends and now i'm a wife... all it takes is a party!
well... no not really

i've been thinking more and more about how nice it is that michael and i have so many firsts now that we are married

our first home together, our first night together, our first meal in our new home, our own dishes... everything! all  the little things are exciting. today i cleaned lint and cat hair out of our dryers vent for an HOUR because it is now OURS and i want it be the best!... an hour for real. i guess thats what happens when you're home alone all afternoon.

the wedding was... wonderful. the day before was fun, but i defintely was overstressed as i left the church and things weren't done. AND i couldn't find our honeymoon documents. thankfully i have wonderful parents who stayed at the church, and then girlfriends who found my documents and then helped me pack.

then we packed into my parents corolla and had a hilarious drive home, discussing ellen's love life (my dad heard a name and ran with it!!)

taking pictures with patty was just so much fun, time literally flew by. then before i knew it we were at the church, I walked down the aisle and then walked out! my only regret about the ceremony was that when i started to get choked up in the middle of my vows i said "oh crap"... not overly lady like of me, but part of the moment i guess. and i don't think many people heard. oh well. 

the reception was just a wonderful party, i smiled more than i thought possible and then we were at the hotel beginning the honeymoon. the next day we slept for about 17 hours (seriously) and then i felt more normal!

the honeymoon was wonderful, fun and relaxing. no regrets at all.

now we're home and getting our home set up. OUR OWN HOME!! i just love it. we've already had some people over and i already know that having people over will be one of my favorite things. thanks to our parents we have beautiful new living room furniture. leah walked in and said "ashley! you're a grown up now!!!" funny and true! at least it feels like that

there wasn't really a point to this entry... other than that i remembered i have a blog now so, why not!

stay tuned for other adventures of this newly married woman.

2 comments:

FreeWorld04 said...

thou shall blog...kidding but keepit up, tomorrow i will blog BOUT PARIs hilton keep it locked wouldnt wanna miss that ahahah

Joy K. said...

Hey Baby, I guess you and me are like peas in a pod with this blogging thing. I know that we both enjoy writing, and I think for you, and me both, it is a way to allow people into some of the places of our heart, so they know how we are, without sharing the personal pages of our written journals!!
Your wedding was a beautiful day, and Dad and I had a fun time. Part of it were bittersweet, as we all knew we were missing a little sweetheart, our little Jay.
But we are so proud of you both (and also Josh and Leah) and love you all soooooo much. I can hardly believe it too, that the little pumpkin I gave birth to 23.5 years ago, is now married to a most handsome man, who is now officially my son. God is so good! Love you baby. MOM xo