October 22, 2012

home stretch

today has been a quiet day at home
it kind of fell into my lap as I thought I had different plans for the day
but those plans were changed and I ended up with a day to myself!

i have spent the day doing laundry, folding baby clothes and copious amounts of michael's work clothes (that boy has a LOT of work clothes!). I have done dishes, caught up on some tv shows, organized all the resources/handouts we received at our prenatal classes, had a leisurely lunch and edited pictures I took of friends of mine. it has been a good day.

i am in the home stretch - considered "full term" this baby could come any day! however, I am trying to hold that loosely in my mind - since there is also every chance that this baby could come up to 2 weeks late - which would be another 4 1/2 weeks from now!! for a planner and organizer like myself - it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that this baby will just come when it wants.

the best thing is that I'm still quite comfortable - so I can wait. but I'm also relatively ready - so I'd be ok with an early birth too! the next 2 weekends are relatively quiet (altho Michael is playing worship both weekends in church). I have purchased birthday gifts for both Michael & Dad T (their birthdays are November 4 & 8 - so right before baby's due date and right on baby's due date!)

Our basement is coming along (thanks to much help, especially from my in-laws) and soon the rolls of carpet that I climb over in our hallway will be glued down to the basement floor. It has been a busy month!

one week of work left - 3 days and one staff lunch to be exact. My office is mostly packed up already and my replacement is ready to go! It is strange to make so many transitions!

I am starting to get butterflies when I think about what it will be like to say our baby's name outloud to our families and then our friends. What it will be like to hold our baby and say it's name outloud to it! I'm going to miss being the only one to feel the punches and kicks all day, but I am happy to have that replaced with the chance to actually sit and stare at it's sweet face all day.

I must also say that I'm selfishly looking forward to a celebratory glass of rum & coke when I get home (don't worry, I know the rules about alcohol and breastfeeding - plus, when I say rum & coke, I really mean a glass of coke with a tiny splash of rum - I don't need much!)

well - I'm going to get back to my nice quiet relaxing day! I have a few more things on my to-do list - including working on packing my bags and burning a copy of my "baby mix" playlist to a CD for my car!

Here's a picture from a couple of weeks ago - must say, I love having a baby bump!

No comments: