June 30, 2012

a delicious cupcake

I finally loaded some pictures off the camera onto my laptop and thought I'd post a few from our baby lives these days!

we found out the gender, and decided to have a "reveal party" for our parents & siblings (we are keeping the gender a secret from everyone else as of right now!)

I found this idea on pinterest - I bought mason jars that are all the same size, then I punched a hole thru the lid to put a straw through. I used removeable labels to mark all the jars and then we used them outside for lemonade - kept the bugs out, and if the jar tips over it doesn't spill very easily!

I found the idea on pinterest to do these cute gender reveal cupcakes. i baked them in these silicone heart cupcake liners that my mom gave me, cored them, and filled them with a colored filling (either pink or blue), topped the filling with a bit of cake, then iced them with chocolate icing, sprinkled them with both pink & blue sprinkles and then iced on a white question mark. Pretty cute if I do say so myself (also, how cute is my little cupcake stand? I painted it at brushfire pottery this past winter)
 When you bite into the cupcake you discover the colored filling and then know if it's a boy or girl baby! We made our families wait till after we ate a bbq meal, and then I handed out the cupcakes and counted to 3, they all bit into the cupcake at the same time, and found out! Some people took little bites, but others took a big mouthful and then couldn't really talk or yell! everyone had their own approach :)
 All ready for the party!
 I asked my Mom to bring watermelon and/or other fruit, and she made this cute little watermelon basinett to hold a canteloup baby! too funny!
 Then I showed the nursery off (yes, I know I have 4 months to go.. but I'm already fairly deep into my nesting phase. the nursery is mostly done, and michael & i both spend time just sitting in there, letting the reality of us having a baby sink in!)

I found this whale weather vane thing at the antique store in Johnston's terminal, and my sister Phoebe bought it for me for my birthday this year! Both colors I had picked out (for a boys nursery or a girls nursery) had to match the whale!
 This is my cute change table, with some new baskets and some gifts bags from family member's gifts! My in-laws found this change table on someone's yard, to be given away for free, so they loaded it up and took it home. Dad T reinforced it so that it is super sturdy, and then gave it a good washing. It was already white, which is exactly what I wanted. I bought some drawer handles at ikea, I wanted clear ones because I thought they'd look so cute on a white change table. I already had the change mattress from my friend Lisa since her kids are definitely no longer in diapers!
 I got this figurine from my parents - called "Home: Together our family is home." I love it!
 A few little stuffies for our baby to snuggle one day!
That's all the pictures for now, we also have a beautiful crib set up in the nursery, but right now it's full of clothes! Now to wait till November!

4 comments:

Audacious said...

You're such a tease with your black & white photos. I love it!

Joy said...

It is a good thing we are sworn to secrecy otherwise I may be tempted to tell everyone!!
I love this little one so much already.
Love Mom/Granny

christine said...

love it!!!!! you are so creative Ashley.

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT party! So fun and I'm sooooo careful about what I say about this baby! Love knowing the secret and praying for our little one.
Mom T