October 21, 2011

2 wonderful klassens.

on thursday next week it will be one year since life without grandma
i miss her so incredibly much

this year has been without her, physically
but she has left such an impact on my life
and I think on the lives of everyone in our family

we had a klassen birthday party last weekend
and we talked about grandma, and grandpa
my auntie had brought some old photo albums to give to everyone
and this was one of the pictures in my album
which made me think of both of them all that much more

we were showing the pictures to everett
pointing people out and telling him who they were
he seemed quite confused when we showed him a picture of daddy & auntie.. where we were both little kids. he said "auntie??" and "daddy??" looking at us like, really??
but the thing that stood out for me was that without any prompting
Ev kept pointing at my grandpa saying "poppa!" (what he calls my dad)
it made me smile because Ev never knew grandpa, yet he knows grandpas character
through my dad

just like my grandpa, my dad is a hard worker. with a gracious spirit
quiet strength and a LOT of patience
just like my dad, my grandpa could do anything
and always encouraged us that we can be anything
before grandpa died he asked us to do 2 things as a family
1. take care of grandma
2. stay united as a family
so much to learn from grandpa

this weekend the klassen boys are going on their annual "klassen canoe trip" although, they won't be canoeing much this weekend, since it's so cold. but they will be camping together, spending time, united, as a family. i think grandpa would be so proud

grandma has been very present in my life this year
in showing me how to live graciously
and to be a hard worker, servant hearted
and to know how to laugh easily.
i miss so much about her.

i am so thankful that they are both happy & strong in heaven
cancer free!
but I still wish they were here.


No comments: