May 19, 2011

happy birthday leah!!

You can kid the world.  But not your sister.  ~Charlotte Gray

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.  ~Toni Morrison

What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it?  ~Jenny DeVries

Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.  ~Carol Saline

It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time.  How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own.  ~Pam Brown


today is my sisters birthday
leah michelle
my older sister
and dearest friend!


i remember meeting leah for the first time
there was something different about josh
leah brought out a softer, more caring side of josh - at least toward his little sis!


i don't remember life much before leah
she was around for my 14th birthday
sleepovers on the weekend
campfires, silly songs, eating mojos
leah was there while i went through junior high, high school
she listened to me talk about all kinds of boys, crushes, issues, struggles


leah is no sister in law to me. she is my true sister.
i think there are very few people in the world that know me like leah does
she encourages me, laughs at my jokes, shares my humor, prays with me, listens
we've been through the worst circumstances together, and i've been encouraged by her faith & perseverance. 
she's made me the auntie of the 2 most beautiful boys in the world. 


i love having leah as my sister
i love how much we laugh together, but that we can still share the deeper harder stuff
i love that she loves researching things on the internet & that she loves learning
i love watching her love everett, teaching him with love & patience
i love going through new life stages together
and i love knowing that she will be in my life forever


happy birthday to my sister & my friend! 
leah michelle - i love you so much!


love pumpy.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Ash! You really have a knack for making me feel special. I love being your sister. Love, love, LOVE it!

christine said...

lovely.