May 19, 2009

leah michelle


"let me tell you 'bout a girl i know..." i have a ray charles song playing in my head as i sit here thinking about the wonderful lady who's birthday it is today

my wonderful sister leah is celebrating the start of a new year

people get confused when i talk about leah, because i always say "my sister... " whenever i mention something about leah or something that we have done together. and then people say "you have a sister?" "ya, she's married to josh..." and then they look at me funny, like either josh is actually an inlaw and they never understood that, or my siblings married each other (ha!) or i'm just crazy and don't know what i'm talking about

but, (like leah mentioned at my wedding) we are no in laws. we are sisters! through and through. and i am so thankful.

if you want to know many different reasons why leah is wonderful, read my moms blog because it is filled with many of the wonderful things about leah!

i just wanted to write about how much i love my sister, and how i am so thankful for her. i am grateful for every time we've laughed together, and cried together. i have learned so much from her especially in the past year.

i can also say, that i'm glad leah likes me as well, and liked me when she first met me. i can't even remember how many notes i wrote her full of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nonsense. i was definitely 14. :)

so, at the beginning of this new year i am lifting my sister up to Jesus, thanking Him for all that he has carried us through in the last year, and thanking him for not leaving us. i'm excited about a new year with leah, finding new things to learn, hearing new kindergarten stories, talking about Jay, grocery shopping (because one day we decided that would be a fun thing for us to do together, especially one day when we're both moms at home with kids!), new life, walks at the lake, text messages, christmas, and maybe even some more karaoke...

happy birthday sist, princess, L-michelle... my wonderful sister leah!

love, ash, pump, pumpy, pumpkin...

1 comment:

Joy K. said...

Oh Lord, thank you! I am so blessed as a mom!