November 17, 2012

announcing our sweet new arrival!

well - last time I wrote - I was looking more like this:
and now I'm sitting here looking at this: 
my sweet girl - Matilda Joy Thiessen is finally here!
Born Wednesday morning, November 14 at 3:58am
Weighing 8 pounds 3 ounces
20 inches long

 last night was our first night at home with Matti - and, well we survived! my sweet girl seems to be some what of a cluster feeder every now and then - so she & I are figuring out our routine and Michael is spending lots of quality snuggling time with her when she's not nursing. 
 I am so in love with this little bundle! And I am so thankful for her safe arrival - with a lot of help from Michael, my mom, my nurses and my doctor - who decided to step in and do an emergency c-section (I will write out her birth story eventually and put it on here)
 I know I will write more about her in the next little while, but right now I need to go get a few things done before she's ready to eat again!! And in the mean time I'll just stare at her sweet sleeping face!!
Matilda Joy - Welcome home - you are so loved!

7 comments:

ayarnlover said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I hope you are all able to find a routine quickly and that you enjoy all the wonderful moments you are sure to share!

Becky said...

so SO happy for you both, Ash! what a beautiful little girl! praying that these early days at home will go well. love & hugs!

Krista said...

Congratulations!! She is so lovely and I absolutely adore her name. Hope the transition to parenthood is smooth!

Audacious said...

I hope you enjoy your new job. I know the hours are the worst but the dress code is super casual and the benefits are sweet.

I love you already Miss Matilda.

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!
love emily

Kara said...

Congratulations Ashley. Matilda is beautiful. I hope you and her find a good routine quickly.

Anonymous said...

congrats guys! this makes me so excited for my little boy to be here in february! love, brandy