August 6, 2011

where i'm from


i am from swing sets, from craft making and dirt roads.

I am from a house with a porch, a yard of barn fires, high ceilings, cows & a dog named Oreo.

I am from the wheat fields, the blue skies and the forest paths.

I am from boat rides and blue eyes, from Alvin Gerhard and Thomas clans and Dolly.

I am from beloved stubbornness and grace.

From "i love you 5" and constant laughter.

I am from Jesus lovers and worship singers.

I am from Mennonites, Metis, Roll Kuchen and fleish perisky.

From the bear by the beehives, the sadie hawkins dance, the days of faith bible camp, the high school sweethearts and the motorcycle riders.

I am from family meals, choir practices and love.

From the smell of fire, the garland at christmas, the coffee perking & sawdust.

A girl can hardly ask for more.

I stole this idea from my friend Krista who got the template from here.

5 comments:

Krista said...

This is so wonderful, Ashely. Love it!

Krista said...

Oops, spelling mistake. Sorry, Ashley. :)

Joy said...

And I am so glad we are all together, in love, in family and that I am your MOM! I love you.
love the country mouse herself...
mom

i love you more than 5555555

Andrea said...

cute idea! i may have to do this one day...

Sara Zacharias said...

I stumbled across your blog and have to say this sounds nearly exactly like my life...thanks!